Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lots O' Pictures

For two weeks (ok, maybe three. the days fly by and I really have no concept of time anymore) we've been trying to get pictures of Patrick smiling. He normally smiles immediately after eating but we're so enthralled by his expressions that we never think of getting the camera, we just sound like crazy adults talking to an infant: oooh you's smiling? yezz you are! tell me all about it! what a pretty smile! is your tummy full? yezz it is. yezz it is!

And then last week he started laughing while doing this and we just laugh back at him, the whole time forgetting that we should record these moments. I got a great shot on my phone but it is really blurry and the flash made him close one eye. So here are our attempts at getting his smile on camera. I tried to title each one just for kicks and giggles.

Blank Canvas


Kind of....no...not really...
Yes! There it is! But you can't really see it.

Hey you! Yes you! I'm talking to you!


You might think this is his smile but his REAL smile is even bigger. He's putting in minimal effort here.

And now he's done. He refuses to play with me when he gives me this look.

"I am very suspicious of you and the blinding flash on your camera."

Now I'm surprised!

Yay! I'm happy! (and a bit scary looking)

"No WAY! I just DON'T believe it!"

GRROWL!
Slightly cross-eyed....

Exhausted. It drained all his energy trying to smile for the camera.

Look at that belly!

Can you see that smile? I know it's not close up, but that's the smile I'm talking about.

This is as close as I've gotten to capture his best smile - it's not too bad! I'll keep working on it, though.

Patrick turned two months old today and celebrated by sleeping last night from 8pm until I had to wake him at 8:30am to take Jamison to school. His well child appointment is next week and I'll post his stats then.
And no, we have NO IDEA who he looks like.

No comments: