Thursday, October 22, 2009

Family

In September we were able to meet up with our cousin, Erin from my dads side of the family. I hadn't seen her since her wedding in 2005. At this point I could go into detail about the WORST stomach bug I've ever received when we were traveling back from her wedding. But I won't. I kinda want to though because it was awful, but I won't. So next time you see me just ask me about this and I would be happy to go into gory detail.

Erin has a son, Carter who is one week older than my sister's girls and 4 months younger than Jamison. We thought it might get crazy in the house with all those two year olds but they didn't really interact. It was cute to see them all together, though.

Erin and I also came to the realization that we have a lot of Meeks genes in common. I'm not sure if this is genetic or not but we found out that we even organize our closets the same way (in order of shirt sleeve length, then color, and of course all the hangers facing the same direction).




It was Maddie and Ruthie's birthday so we brought a few small gifts. Jamison was very interested in the Potato Heads (we only have 10 so it's not like he can play with one whenever he wants.)

I decided to torture my brother in law and gave Maddie and Ruthie three pairs each of play shoes. Which, they loved, but my children overpowered them.

Whatcha lookin' at Uncle Mark? How do you like my purple heels?

No comments: