My cousin Rachel over at Joie de Vivre gave me a blog award recently. Ok, I shouldn't say recently. It was over a week ago and it's taken me this long to gather up the energy to sit and type. It's exhausting, I tell you. Thanks for the award Rachel and I am so sorry that it's taken me so long to acknowledge it.
There are responsibilities that accompany the Happy 101 Blog Award. First I post a link to she who gave me the award. Then, I name 10 things that make me happy. Last, I give the award to three other bloggers.
For my happiness list, it goes without saying that God, Brian and my kids give me the most happiness. And that's pretty predictable so I'll stick to some not-quite-so-obvious things that make me happy.
1. Coffee first thing in the morning...which I haven't had since November due to the fetus.
2. A night to myself watching chick flicks in bed and eating brownie mix.
3. Hitting green lights the entire time I'm driving on Central Avenue. That's the main drag in our area of Albany and I avoid it like the plague because I hate stopping at a red light every 15 yards. But there are some rare Sunday mornings when, if the timing is right, it is possible to get a green light every single time.
4. Clinique Bonus Week. And I wish that one was coming up soon since I need more Take The Day Off makeup remover.
5. Sitting on the hill at Camp Hunt - either talking to friends or singing devotional songs. If the sun is setting and it's about 70* it's just about perfect.
6. Catching up with an old friend and being able to start right back up where we left off.
7. Getting a good book, reading it all night, and then not having to get up with the kids in the morning.
8. Leaving work at the end of the day feeling like I actually accomplished something.
9. My kids being able to buckle themselves in their car seats. I know I said I wasn't going to use one of my ten things to mention my kids but this is more me not having to lean my pregnant belly over each of my kids trying to get the buckles secured. Not to mention the time savings! That's like 45 more seconds given back to me.
10. House Hunters on HGTV. I LOVE real estate. You know what I love even more? House Hunters International. The producers of these shows love people like me. I get suckered in. And Lily is just as intrigued as I am. It's gotten to the point where when we are driving someplace she says things like: "Look at that view!" or "That's a nice lot, but a little close to the other houses."
So here are three bloggers that I would like to award the Happy 101 Blog Award:
My sister Kristen at Simply Sullivan. Even though she lives in Nashville I can still know what's going on in her life.
My friend Michelle at Mostoller Madness. I pretty much know what's going on in her life regardless of the blog.
My friend Ashley at Two Sweet Feet. I met Ashley in college and even though I live in New York and she lives in Tennessee we can keep up with each other through our blogs.