Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Snuggles, a bath, and more snuggles

I am thrilled that Lily and Jamison are crazy about Patrick. I would rather they be absolutely in love with him then jealous of him. Unfortunately, they have actual fights over who gets to sit next to me while I'm feeding him. Luckily, that argument is easy to solve since I have two sides. Then they fight over who has hugged him the most or who has given him the most kisses. And the whining. Oh my gosh. I don't even know how to type whining. "But I looooove him mooooooore." "No, I loooooove himmmm mooooooooooooooooore. Mama, Lily said she loves him more and she doesn't! I do!" That last bit is yelled with his face two inches from mine.

So I make a point of dedicating time for both Lily and Jamie to have snuggle time with Patrick. This does not stop the arguing and whining. But at least I can say I tried.

Jamison's snuggle time has to be very supervised. He has minimal concept of the following vocabulary words and phrases: be gentle, nicely, not so rough, don't pat so hard, remove your thumb from Patrick's mouth, and do not poke him in the eye. As he does this last one he is talking in high pitched, sing-songy voice - "hi cutie, how are you sweetie? i'm going to put my finger in your eye now, ok cutie pie?"


Whenever Jamie approaches Patrick there is an initial look of fear but then he relaxes and just goes with the flow.


He really likes to be held and loved on. If he could cheer "AWESOME" he would.



Patrick had his first bath about two weeks ago. He wasn't phased at all by the new experience. After giving him more baths I'm starting to wonder if he can even tell the difference between being in a bath and being out of a bath.

Welcome to Patrick's social hour! Nightly from 8:00-10:00.


No comments: