Thursday, January 20, 2011

Car Meets Deer - Not A Love Story

Two weeks ago, Brian and I put the kids down to bed and then I drove to my parents house to help package cards for my sisters' business. I had barely turned out of our neighborhood when I saw something out of my left peripheral vision. Luckily, I wasn't going very fast since a deer decided that was the perfect time to cross the road.

And it didn't touch the hood, so that was another good thing. It rammed into the van and then rolled to the side of the road; where my dad said it was probably knocked out and would run away when it woke up. But it was still "sleeping" two hours later, so I fear the worst.

Deer evidence.

Thankfully, the kids were not in the car with me; or who knows what kind of emotional truama I'd have to deal with. "Mama kiled Bambi!" And I could predict that everytime we would get into the van, from that night on, I'd hear - "Are we going to hit another deer again?"

No comments: