Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oklahoma Part 1

We're back! It has taken me forever to recover from being out of town for so many days and the unpacking and re-organizing of everything. On top of that, I was now behind on setting up the house for Christmas. So blogging took the backseat to all of that. I'm sure you all were suffering.

Our flight down to Tulsa was happily uneventful. We arrived early and got to Grandma and Grandpa's house earlier than we thought. We made up for that on the return flight.

The day after we arrived Lily and Auntie Demeree decided to make Thanksgiving cookies. Demeree was not prepared for Lily's love of frosting and attention to detail while decorating. This was very intense.

If any of you have met my sister in law (and friend!) Demeree you know she is beautiful inside and out. And I have so many fantastic pictures of her. As I was going through all the shots I took while in Oklahoma (over 200) I found two that showed a different side of Demeree.

This one cracks me up. She is giving the snake eye to something and I suspect it was that blue cup sitting on the table. Either that or someone else out-decorated her in a cookie decorating competition. You'll get them next time Dem!

While Jamison is the focus of this picture I noticed Demeree snorting at something in the background. She is so lovely.

And back to the cookies. Lily and Demeree did a great job and I'm thankful for Demeree keeping Lily busy for an hour! Their festive cookies were gone by the end of the day. But then again, there were almost 30 people in the house looking for sustenance.

More Oklahoma pics coming up!

No comments: